Consumers segment their spending behavior across multiple payment products. Those same consumers increasingly expect that they will be engaged in a way that reflects their relationship with their bank--whether engaged by a branch team, cards in their pocket, or the bank's mobile presence. The regulatory environment, shareholder expectations and merchant partners' needs are similarly high. Using proprietary data analysis can help turn this fact base into a profit plan.
Key takeaways from this session include:
- Post recession analysis of consumer spending behavior
- Why cash and checks remain our mutual competitor in the age of big data and immediate insight
- The next general of payments -- the evolution of debit, credit and prepaid cards
- Online banking and bill pay -- the demographic shift underway and the rise of a critical payments partner
- Cards + emerging technologies = new opportunities, new risks