Monday, October 21, 2013
One of the highlights of the ATM, Debit & Prepaid Forum is the annual Network Showcase, bringing together the top payments networks all on one stage at the same time. As regulated and exempt issuers alike grapple with growth, new technologies and an uncertain regulatory environment, this keynote session provides an unparalleled opportunity to hear from the organizations shaping the future of the payments market. The Network Showcase will address:
- Debit economics How has debit interchange changed in the two years since Reg II went into effect? How has this changed the dynamics within the payments market?
- Network selection With interchange capped for many issuers, networks are offering an increasing range of value-added services to financial institutions. What are the most valued services? What distinguishes one network from another?
- The future of Reg II A court recently ruled that the Federal Reserve incorrectly interpreted the Durbin Amendment. How might interchange and network participation change? What should issuers do now?
- EMV Several networks have announced plans to shift the liability for disputed transactions in 2015 to encourage issuers and merchants to adopt EMV, yet few issuers or merchants seen to be migrating to chip cards. Is EMV right for the US? Why or why not?
- Prepaid The prepaid market is growing quickly, especially in the general purpose reloadable (GPR) space. Will this growth continue and, if so, can traditional FIs capture some of the upside?