It is not likely manufacturers and owners of ATMs will experience a more interesting or challenging year than 2012 any time soon.
The year began with the race to meet a March 15 deadline to adhere to new Americans with Disabilities Act regulations. There were also advancements in mobile deposit, video tellers and prepaid-card issuing from ATMs, as well as the burden this year of the ongoing EMV smart card migration into the U.S. market.
Debit & Prepaid
ATM Industry Faced Many Challenges in 2012
DEC 20, 2012 2:27pm ET
To continue, please sign in or subscribe
- Access to essential payments industry news and analysis
- E-Newsletters curated by the editors (CardLine, ATM & Debit and more)
- Financial data, rankings and insight
No credit card needed
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- 20% off conferences
- Database of payment companies and executive profiles
- Dedicated customer support
Have an account?
SIGN IN HERE