The McDonald's at 6 Water St. in New York City has been shut down for more than two months, as it was one of the first buildings struck by surges of sea water from Hurricane Sandy. The ATM inside, if it still exists, has been inaccessible ever since. But the machine has shown up for weeks afterwards on some ATM locator smartphone apps, which did not notice the machine's absence in the immediate aftermath of the storm.
Debit & Prepaid
Hurricane's Strike Leaves ATM Locator Apps with Cloudy Data
JAN 8, 2013 4:00am ET
To continue, please sign in or subscribe
- Access to essential payments industry news and analysis
- E-Newsletters curated by the editors (CardLine, ATM & Debit and more)
- Financial data, rankings and insight
No credit card needed
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- 20% off conferences
- Database of payment companies and executive profiles
- Dedicated customer support
Have an account?
SIGN IN HERE