A German banking committee has approved an Ingenico SA payment terminal as the first to accept contactless payments in the country under a new contactless pay system called giorgo.
Germany Approves Ingenico Terminal for New Contactless Pay System
JAN 14, 2013 11:07am ET
To continue, please sign in or subscribe
- Access to essential payments industry news and analysis
- E-Newsletters curated by the editors (CardLine, ATM & Debit and more)
- Financial data, rankings and insight
No credit card needed
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- 20% off conferences
- Database of payment companies and executive profiles
- Dedicated customer support
Have an account?
SIGN IN HERE
Subscribe to ISO & Agent Magazine
Merchants and consumers are more mindful of security than ever, but there is still much work to be done to educate them on how to protect account data and prepare for the shift to EMV-chip cards. Fortunately, the industry has help. The ETA, which recently appointed Wells Fargo exec Debra Rossi as its president, is welcoming more technology companies to its ranks to help members adapt to the shifting competitive landscape.