An owner of a new restaurant likely would not hesitate to buy a $300 fire extinguisher to comply with local fire codes, but he might put off spending about half that much to ensure compliance with standards designed to protect customers credit card data, a new report suggests.
Small Merchants Remain Most Vulnerable To Data Security Threat, Trustwave Says
AUG 11, 2011 3:00pm ET
To continue, please sign in or subscribe
- Access to essential payments industry news and analysis
- E-Newsletters curated by the editors (CardLine, ATM & Debit and more)
- Financial data, rankings and insight
No credit card needed
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- 20% off conferences
- Database of payment companies and executive profiles
- Dedicated customer support
Have an account?
SIGN IN HERE
Subscribe to ISO & Agent Magazine
Digital insurgents like Square and PayPal are becoming more of a threat to ISOs as they provide more complex services, including some that encroach on the merchant cash advance market. Plus, now that the EMV deadline has come and gone, who's ready and who's playing catch up?