In touting the benefits of its plans to acquire Zipcar last week, Avis Budget Group said the $500 million deal will help it increase revenue and better manage its fleet of vehicles. The technology that powers the self-service hourly car rental service could also help Avis build critical mass for greater mobile payments adoption.
Avis's Zipcar Acquisition Could Accelerate NFC, Mobile Payments
JAN 8, 2013 4:00am ET
To continue, please sign in or subscribe
- Access to essential payments industry news and analysis
- E-Newsletters curated by the editors (CardLine, ATM & Debit and more)
- Financial data, rankings and insight
No credit card needed
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- 20% off conferences
- Database of payment companies and executive profiles
- Dedicated customer support
Have an account?
SIGN IN HERE