Barcelona residents not yet conducting tap-and-go payments at merchant point of sale may soon find it easier to do so using their mobile phones.
La Caixa continued its push to make contactless payments the accepted norm in Barcelona, announcing plans to issue up to 200,000 Tap Visa stickers that consumers can attach to the backs of their mobile phones.
Bank Issuing EMV Stickers to Boost Barcelonas Contactless Push
DEC 7, 2012 5:55am ET
To continue, please sign in or subscribe
- Access to essential payments industry news and analysis
- E-Newsletters curated by the editors (CardLine, ATM & Debit and more)
- Financial data, rankings and insight
No credit card needed
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- 20% off conferences
- Database of payment companies and executive profiles
- Dedicated customer support
Have an account?
SIGN IN HERE