Since Google Wallet launched on Sprint, the only major U.S. carrier not involved in the Isis mobile wallet venture, rival carriers have resisted putting Google's payment system on their phones. Verizon Wireless in particular has been the focus of media criticism and, most recently, has been holding its ground against an FCC inquiry as well.
Verizon/Google Ongoing Dispute Shows Carriers' Power in Payments
JAN 2, 2013 1:09pm ET
To continue, please sign in or subscribe
- Access to essential payments industry news and analysis
- E-Newsletters curated by the editors (CardLine, ATM & Debit and more)
- Financial data, rankings and insight
No credit card needed
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- 20% off conferences
- Database of payment companies and executive profiles
- Dedicated customer support
Have an account?
SIGN IN HERE