Business Editors
     MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 28, 2008--Javien Digital Payment Solutions, Inc. (www.javien.com) today announced that BETA Records, an online community that actively attracts, produces, and distributes content from independent artists, has implemented the Javien Total Commerce Solution to manage its e-commerce, from subscriptions to providing alternative payment methods for both artists and fans.
     The Javien Total Commerce solution is an e-commerce platform that includes built-in support for online and off-deck mobile sales of digital music. The platform also leverages Javien’s patented micropayment technology to aggregate and batch transactions according to various rules, and adapt those rules depending upon an individual buyer’s behavior or the collective behavior of a category of individuals over time.
     The micropay technology is critical to BETA’s business model, enabling high volumes of small transactions across the web site. It also offers BETA’s users the opportunity to conduct customer-to-customer transfers. Utilizing Javien’s solution, BETA has developed a unique payment model in which both fans and artists can earn revenue from the sale of their music. The site allows fans to refer an artist to BETA Records, and in return, earn a percentage of the revenue from that artist’s track. A fan’s earnings can be credited to their “BETA Bank,” the web site’s wallet system. Javien’s flexible platform also allows BETA users to store multiple cards on one account and even select a primary card from which to withdraw transactions.
     Independent artists benefit from Javien’s flexible e-commerce solution as well. The platform gives BETA the ability to pay artists online, donating 85% of sale of the track directly to their account, while the remaining 15% is allotted for administrative costs. Perhaps most unique to the site is the artists’ ability to “tip” each other, via customer-to-customer transfers. These transfers can flow directly into and out of an artists’ personal BETA Bank.
     â€œThe independent music scene is breeding a significant amount of opportunity for business as it continues to grow and mature from the grassroots level,” said Chris Honetschlaeger, President of BETA Records. “It’s important to provide artists with the flexibility they need in order to support their creativity and successfully develop their content. Javien’s solution has allowed us to provide our artists with this flexibility—and it was easy to implement and manage on our end. The team has been great as well- they are always quick to help us out and work to create the best e-commerce platform possible for our business.”
     â€œBETA Records, like many of our customers, needed a solution that they could adapt to the unique and innovative ways they are engaging their communities,” said Leslie Poole, CEO of Javien Digital Payment Solutions. “Our breadth of experience and ongoing leadership in e-commerce allows us to offer our customers the technology and resources needed to implement some of the most creative business ideas that we are seeing, especially in the independent music space,” Poole added. “We are excited to be a part of the future of the music industry.”
     About BETA Records (www.betarecords.com)
     BETA Records is a hybrid community that actively finds, produces, and showcases unsigned artists to the music industry and distributes content to fans via digital channels. BETA offers each artist a dedicated page to utilize the full range of the site's technology.
     About Javien Digital Payment Solutions (www.javien.com)
     Javien Digital Payment Solutions, Inc. delivers to content providers a total commerce solution for powering online and off-deck mobile sales of digital content and physical goods. Flexible, adaptable and scalable, Javien’s hosted platform powers sales for leading companies in entertainment, media and publishing including K2 Network, Garage Games, Ruckus Network, SNOCAP, FUZZ, BETA Records, Forbes.com and Thomson. Javien is backed by K&K Capital Group, which ranks among the most significant financial groups in the Czech Republic. It manages assets of 2 billion USD and employs more than 7,000 people. K&K Capital Group’s portfolio includes more than 20 companies around the world.
    LEWIS PRMegan Grenter, +1 202-349-3775megang@lewispr.comorJavien Digital Payment Solutions, Inc.Linda Hagopian, + 1 703-286-0778linda@javien.com
    State Keywords: VirginiaIndustry Keywords: Entertainment; Music; Technology; Internet; SoftwareSource: Javien Digital Payment Solutions, Inc.


Subscribe Now

Authoritative analysis and perspective for every segment of the payments industry

14-Day Free Trial

Authoritative analysis and perspective for every segment of the industry