Publisher: Paystream Advisors
Publication Date: Dec. 06, 2007
Document Format: PDF
PayStream Advisors has developed the report "Receivables and Collections Management Release 2.0: Emerging Solutions and Increasing Automation" for credit, treasury, accounting, finance managers and information technology managers who have active interest in:
• Exploring Receivables and Collections Management (RCM) solutions (both software as well as Software-as-a-Service (SAAS)) in order to improve their organization's cash flow and risk management,
• Understanding the business case for RCM automation across the order-to-cash process and,
• Taking the next step toward RCM adoption.
This report focuses on the automation of Receivables and Collections Management processes including enhanced transaction processing, collections/dispute management, and risk management in the order-to-cash cycle. PayStream's research has uncovered a strong business case for the automation of collection processes.
The main themes of this automation case are:
• Generate actionable intelligence using existing data sets already hidden in your A/R system.
• Automate repetitive tasks via systematic collector workflow according to strategically designed software routines.
• Reduce manual effort to increase agent and collector efficiency.
RCM tools encompass all of the tasks that ensure timely payments by customers: evaluating credit risk, assuring invoice accuracy, applying payments, managing collections, resolving disputes, and analyzing data. RCM's primary components include:
•Credit Facilitation: including credit scoring, credit application processing, reference checking, ordering credit reports from credit bureaus, financial statement analysis, new account approval, order approval, credit limit decisions, accounts receivable portfolio monitoring and credit risk management.
• Pre-Bill Management and e-Invoicing: which involves identifying invoice errors, ensuring vendor compliance, generating an accurate invoice, invoice and statement generation and transmittal and distribution, trade promotion planning, contract management, Electronic Invoice Presentment and Payment (EIPP), and Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment (EBPP).
• Remittance Processing: including financial EDI, EFT (electronic funds transfer including ACH), auto-cash algorithms and routines, payment-to-invoice matching, cash settlement, cash forecasting, credit card processing and matching already-on- account credits, debits, and unapplied payments or adjustments.
• Collections Management: including workflow automation driven by a collection strategy engine, prioritized collection activities, integration with A/R data, a tickler system, activity logs, account and invoice level notes, integrated communication tools, faxing capabilities, e-mail, invoice reprinting, other forms of data export, payment plan calculators, imaging tools and auto-dialers.
• Dispute Management: including dispute and deduction resolution, chargeback processing, exception reporting and automated escalation processes, a routing engine, collaboration tools, document sharing, and tools for root cause identification.
Reporting and Analysis: including cash forecasting, dashboards, email alerts, query capabilities, canned reports, report generators, workload balancing, exception reporting, cycle time analysis, portfolio risk management, customer intelligence and month end reporting tools.
Click Here to purchase.