Dublin - Research and Markets
has announced the addition of the "Statistical Methods in e-Commerce
Research" report to their offering.
With the expanding presence of technology in today's economic market,
the use of the Internet for buying, selling, and investing is growing
more popular and public in nature. Statistical Methods in e-Commerce
Research is the first book of its kind to focus on the statistical
models and methods that are essential in order to analyze information
from electronic-commerce (e-Commerce) transactions, identify the
challenges that arise with new e-Commerce data structures, and discover
new knowledge about consumer activity.
This collection gathers over thirty researchers and practitioners from
the fields of statistics, computer science, information systems, and
marketing to discuss the growing use of statistical methods in
e-Commerce research. From privacy protection to economic impact, the
book first identifies the many obstacles that are encountered while
collecting, cleaning, exploring, and analyzing e-Commerce data.
Solutions to these problems are then suggested using established and
newly developed statistical and data mining methods. Finally, a look
into the future of this evolving area of study is provided through an
in-depth discussion of the emerging methods for conducting e-Commerce
Statistical Methods in e-Commerce Research successfully bridges the gap
between statistics and e-Commerce, introducing a statistical approach
to solving challenges that arise in the context of online transactions,
while also introducing a wide range of e-Commerce applications and
problems where novel statistical methodology is warranted. It is an
ideal text for courses on e-Commerce at the upper-undergraduate and
graduate levels and also serves as a valuable reference for researchers
and analysts across a wide array of subject areas, including economics,
marketing, and information systems who would like to gain a deeper
understanding of the use of statistics in their work.
Key Topics Covered:
- Statistical Challenges In Internet Advertising (Deepak Agarwal).
- How Has Ecommerce Research Advanced Our Understanding Of The Offline
World (Chris Forman and Avi Goldfarb)?
- The Economic Impact of User-Generated and Firm-Published Online
Content: Directions for Advancing the Frontiers in Electronic Commerce
Research (Anindya Ghose).
- Is Privacy Protection For Data In An Ecommerce World An Oxymoron
(Stephen E. Fienberg)?
- Shared Knowledge Systems With Value: Statistical Aspects Of Wikipedia
(Rob Warren, Edo Eiroldi and David Banks).
- Bidder Networks And Price Dynamics In Online Auctions (Mayukh Dass
and Srinivas Reddy).
- Modeling Web Usability Diagnostics Based On Usage Statistics (Avi
Harel, Ron S Kenett and Fabrizio Ruggeri).
- Developing Rich Insights On Public Internet Firm Entry And Exit Based
On Survival Analysis And Data Visualization (Robert J Kauffman and Bin
- Modeling Time-Varying Relationships In Pooled Cross-Sectional
Ecommerce Data (Eric Overby and Benn Konsynski).
- Optimization Of Search Engine Marketing Bidding Strategies Using
Statistical Techniques (Alon Matas and Yoni Schamroth).
- Clustering Data With Measurement Error (Mahesh Kumar and Nitin R
- Functional Data Analysis For Sparse Auction Data (Bitao Liu and
Hans-Georg M ller).
- A Family Of Growth Models For Representing The Price Process In
Online Auctions (Valerie Hyde, Wolfgang Jank and Galit Shmueli).
- Models Of Bidder Activity Consistent With Self-Similar Bid Arrivals
(Ralph P Russo, Galit Shmueli and N D Shyamalkumar).
- Spatial Models For Online Mortgage Leads (Wolfgang Jank (and PK
- Modeling Price Dynamics In Online Auctions Via Regression Trees
(Wolfgang Jank, Galit Shmueli and Shanshan Wang).
- Quantile Modeling For Wallet Estimation (Claudia Perlich and Saharon
- Applications Of Randomized Response Methodology In Ecommerce (Peter
GM Van Der Heijden and Ulf B ckenholt).
For more information visit
CONTACT: Laura Wood, Senior Manager, Research and Markets
Fax: +1 646 607 1907 (from USA)
Fax: +353 1 481 1716 (rest of the world)
((M2 Communications Ltd disclaims all liability for information
provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties.
Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at
http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to
Authoritative analysis and perspective for every segment of the payments industry
Authoritative analysis and perspective for every segment of the industry
Have an account? Sign In